Journey Health and Lifestyle | UPbed Standard
Call now to lock in the best prices online: 877-699-9227
Free Shipping & No Sales Tax for a limited time
Get on and off your bed without a second thought.
Great sleep and no worries. That’s the UPbed promise.
Sit-up bed, chair bed, lift bed, and good old-fashioned sleep bed—you get it all in one comfy package.
8" memory foam mattress:
The mattress provides heat-sensitive support for a good night’s rest. It conforms to your body, prevents sinking, and keeps its original shape for decades.
Engineered for comfort:
A sturdy metal aircraft-grade frame and two separate, independently controlled motors help raise and lower your UPbed silently.
SPECIFICATIONSPackaged Frame Dimensions
Twin Length: 64.5 inches Width: 39 inches Height: 8 inches Weight: 147 lbs
Packaged Mattress Dimensions
Twin Length: 12 inches Width: 12 inches Height: 40 inches Weight: 27 lbs
Twin Length: 75 Inches Width: 38 inches
UPbed Weight Capacity: 500 lbs maximum capacity
In a word…Brilliantly!
It’s 4 Beds In One!
IT’S A “BED”
For a comfortable and relaxing night’s sleep. The memory foam mattress feels like you’re lying on a cloud.
IT’S A “SIT UP BED”
For reading, watching TV and resting. Your body is fully supported so you can relax in comfort.
IT’S A “CHAIR”
For crafting, eating, visiting with friends and family, playing cards…everything you would normally do in a comfy chair.
IT’S A “LIFT BED”
The bed lifts gently and the bottom of the mattress curls in. Your feet are safely on the floor – you’re ready to go!
Simple Remote Control
Six clearly marked and easily pushed buttons. Each does only one thing. It’s so simple you’ll soon be able to use it with your eyes closed!
Your remote is connected by a wire to the bed. No more “Where’s the remote?” hide & seek…and no more batteries to change. It even has a convenient clip to hang off an armrest so it’s always close at hand.
4 Simple Steps to Get Out of Bed
First and foremost, the UPbed Standard is designed to keep you safe. It’s also designed with caregivers in mind, helping them avoid awkward, unbalanced positions that can cause injuries when lifting someone out of bed.
If you can use a lift chair by yourself, you likely can get in and out of bed independently with the UPbed Standard. Here’s how easy it is:
- If you’re starting from under a sheet/blanket, drape them over one of the armrests so your legs and feet are uncovered.
- Push and hold the “Lift Up” button. The UPbed Standard will raise you to a nearly standing position where your feet are firmly on the floor.
- Check that your path is clear and hold one or both armrests for support and safety.
- With your nose over your toes, finish standing up and walk away.
When it’s time to get back into bed, you just reverse the process. Easy!
Popular Bed Positions
Here’s a few ideas from how other UPbed Standard owners adjust their beds for different types of activities:
- Sleeping & Napping – If lying flat doesn’t feel right, consider raising your head a little bit to help with congestion or snoring. Raising your head a little higher may reduce heartburn or GERD.
- Reading & Watching TV – First, raise your head up to a comfortable viewing angle where your neck is supported. Raising your legs actually raises up beneath your knees. It’s a great adjustment if you’re not comfortable with your legs fully straight.
- Activities – Push the “Head Up” button until your torso is in a comfortable, nearly upright position. Then push the “Knees Down” button until you’re in a comfortable sitting position.